Arizona Council of the Blind Home Page
The purpose of the Arizona Council of the Blind (AzCB) is to promote an improved understanding of the capabilities and needs of people who are blind or
visually impaired residents of and visitors to the State of Arizona, and to work to improve the social, economic, educational, employment and civic opportunities
which are available to blind and visually impaired people within Arizona.
Connect with the Arizona Council of the Blind
Arizona Specific Information.
Follow the AZCB
Become a Member of the Arizona Council of the Blind or Renew Here:
Become a Member of the Arizona Council of the Blind or Renew Your Membership.
List of Affiliates
2015 Annual Arizona Council State Convention is coming!
The 2015 AZCB Annual Conference will be held on Friday, May 22 at the DEC Nina Mason Pulliam Conference Center located at 5025 East Washington Street in Phoenix. Registration begins at 8:00 AM with the program beginning at 8:30 AM and ending at 3:30 PM. The DEC is a fragrance free facility. Items such as cologne, perfume and other scented products along with latex are not permitted.
The cost to attend is $25.00 per person. Please fill out the enrollment form before May 14 to insure your lunch choice is available.
If you would like more information please download the 2015 convention program.
If you have any questions, please email Carlos at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at (602) 273-1510. The schedule for the conference is below:
AzCB Conference Schedule - Friday, May 22, 2015
- 8:00 AM - Check in and Registration Desk opens
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM - Complimentary casual breakfast available for all conference enrollees
- 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM - Conference Opens - Welcome and Overview from Carlos Paraskevas, AzCB President. RSA SBVID Update from Karin Grandon, Deputy Administrator
- 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM - "#HashTagUnited" - AZDAC discusses advocacy in the social media age - Anay Bickham
- 10:00 AM - 10:15 AM - Break
- 10:15 AM - 11:15 AM - Comprehensive Programs - Specialized services for people who are blind through cooperative agreements - Amy Porterfield
- 11:15 AM - 12:15 PM - The Current State of IT/AT - What do consumers need to do to stay on top of ever evolving changes in technology - Jeff Bishop
- 12:15 PM - 12:30 PM - Break and lunch setup
- 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM - Scholarship and awards luncheon - Guest Speaker: Jay Taska, "Not All Who Wander Are Lost" … Journeys and Transitions of an Experienced Mobility Guy
- 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM - Break
- 2:15 PM - 3:15 PM - Blind Girls Can Rock Heels - Jessica Loomer
- 3:15 PM - 3:30 PM - Conference Wrap Up
May Board Meeting
The May board meeting is scheduled for Saturday, May 9 from 9AM to 11AM. Please call (218-936-8581) and pass code (6320547) to join the board meeting. You may review the past agendas and minutes here.
Understanding Charitable Giving
We greatly encourage members and readers to read the article just posted on the web site all about Charitable Giving opportunities
Proclamation from the President of the United States
Read the historical proclamation from the President of the United States on the twentieth anniversary of the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA).
The Arizona Council of the Blind is a registered 501C3 tax-exempt volunteer organization Supporting the blind and low-vision community of Arizona. If you would like to contribute to the work and actions of AzCB There are three-easy ways in which you can help keep our mission moving forward.
you can use PayPal to make a Tax Deductable Donation. No set amount required.
Donate a vehicle: it’s easy to do with help from customer service representatives (800-320-3746). And it’s convenient. The transportation company comes to your home or office to remove the donated vehicle. Get rid of that unwanted car—or van, RV, truck, plane, or boat—and enjoy a tax deduction, if you itemize, for the fair market value of your vehicle. Or click here to learn more about car donation.
Join the monthly Monetary subscription fund and have an amount deducted from a checking account. Each quarter the AzCB will receive a total split of all donations and a portion up to 50% will fund the work of the American Council of the Blind, our parent organization, and the rest stays here in Arizona. For more details visit the
Monthly Monetary Support web page.
We thank you for your contributions.
List of Links
Send mail to the website administrator
Copyright © 2012 Arizona Council of the Blind Inc. All rights reserved.