Arizona Council of the Blind Home Page
The purpose of the Arizona Council of the Blind (AzCB) is to promote an improved understanding of the capabilities and needs of people who are blind or
visually impaired residents of and visitors to the State of Arizona, and to work to improve the social, economic, educational, employment and civic opportunities
which are available to blind and visually impaired people within Arizona.
Connect with the Arizona Council of the Blind
Arizona Specific Information.
Follow the AZCB
Become a Member of the Arizona Council of the Blind or Renew Here:
Become a Member of the Arizona Council of the Blind or Renew Your Membership.
List of Affiliates
May Board Meeting
The May board meeting is not scheduled yet. An announcement will be made here along with communication to our email lists.
2016 Arizona Council of the Blind (AZCB) Annual Conference
Save the Date! The 2016 Arizona Council of the Blind (AZCB) Annual Conference will be held on Friday, May 20 at the Ability360 Conference Center located at 5025 East Washington Street in Phoenix. Registration begins at 8:00 AM with the program beginning at 8:30 AM and ending at 3:30 PM.
Please RSVP by Friday, May 13th to insure that your lunch choice is available.
Please remember that Ability360 is a fragrance-free facility. Please do not wear scented products during this event.
You may download the Conference Program here. You can register online for the convention or download the Convention Enrollment form here.
Conference Schedule - Friday, May 20, 2016:
- 8:00 AM - Check in and Registration Desk opens
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM - Complimentary casual breakfast available for all conference enrollees
- 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Conference Opens - Welcome and Overview from Carlos Paraskevas, AZCB Immediate Past President. RSA SBVID Update from Karin Grandon, Deputy Administrator
- 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM - Talking Book Library Update - A description of options available to access and read recorded books - Christine Tuttle
- 10:00 AM - 10:15 AM - Break
- 10:15 AM - 11:15 AM - Then and Now - A discussion of the history of blind services in Arizona and the importance of advocacy - Ed House
- 11:15 AM - 12:15 PM - The Current State of IT/AT - What do consumers need to do to stay on top of ever evolving changes in technology - Jeff Bishop
- 12:15 PM - 12:30 PM - Break and lunch setup
- 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM - Scholarship and awards luncheon - Guest Speaker: Mike Armstrong will discuss the importance of overall health in body and mind.
- 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM - Break
- 2:15 PM - 3:15 PM - What is Non24? Presenters will discuss the science and biology of this circadian rhythm disorder and share personal stories
- 3:15 PM - 3:30 PM - Conference Wrap Up
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com or leave a message at (602) 273-1510.
I look forward to seeing you on May 20.
2016 Scholarship Application now open
Students interested in applying for the 2016 AZCB scholarship cmay now apply either online or by printing out the form and mailing it to the Arizona Council office. The deadline is May 7th. For more information follow the link to the 2016 Scholarship Application.
Understanding Charitable Giving
We greatly encourage members and readers to read the article just posted on the web site all about Charitable Giving opportunities
Proclamation from the President of the United States
Read the historical proclamation from the President of the United States on the 25th anniversary of the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA).
The Arizona Council of the Blind is a registered 501C3 tax-exempt volunteer organization Supporting the blind and low-vision community of Arizona. If you would like to contribute to the work and actions of AzCB There are three-easy ways in which you can help keep our mission moving forward.
you can use PayPal to make a Tax Deductable Donation. No set amount required.
Donate a vehicle: it’s easy to do with help from customer service representatives (800-320-3746). And it’s convenient. The transportation company comes to your home or office to remove the donated vehicle. Get rid of that unwanted car—or van, RV, truck, plane, or boat—and enjoy a tax deduction, if you itemize, for the fair market value of your vehicle. Or click here to learn more about car donation.
Join the monthly Monetary subscription fund and have an amount deducted from a checking account. Each quarter the AzCB will receive a total split of all donations and a portion up to 50% will fund the work of the American Council of the Blind, our parent organization, and the rest stays here in Arizona. For more details visit the
Monthly Monetary Support web page.
We thank you for your contributions.
List of Links
Send mail to the website administrator
Copyright © 2012 Arizona Council of the Blind Inc. All rights reserved.