Lions World Services for the Blind is seeking a Rehabilitation Teacher (CVRT). We are a residential training center that serves clients from all 50 states and international students. Located in Little Rock, Arkansas we are a private not for profit agency large enough to have all the facilities you want and small enough to be flexible. In the past two years several staff members have been hired from around the country and all are happy to be in Little Rock.
The job requirements:
1. Evaluate clients' capacities and needs for learning, accepting supervision and completing assignments involved in evaluation and pre-vocational services.
2. Implement group and individual lesson plans for clients to attain the ability to live independently and transfer to vocational programs.
3. Emphasize the efficient and effective use of any residual vision, tactile and other sensory modalities in the learning of course content.
4. Maintain appropriate records, gather essential data and other information and prepare periodic reports reflecting progress, problems, plans and specific recommendations for clients regarding continuation, modification or completion of training.
5. Teach in at least two areas of pre-vocational services.
We prefer a CVRT or CVRT eligible person, other candidates will be considered.
The Position will remain open until filled.
Please contact: Jim Carey, Director of Prevocational Services, Lions World Services for the Blind.
email@example.com or (501) 664-7100 ext. 228
Copyright © 2013 American Council of the Blind
All content created initially for use by ACB in publications, in any media on any web site domains administered by ACB, or as a broadcast or podcast on ACB Radio, archived or not, is considered to be the property of the American Council of the Blind. Creative content that appears elsewhere originally remains the property of the original copyright holder. Those responsible for creative content submitted initially to ACB are free to permit their materials to appear elsewhere with proper attribution and prior notification to the ACB national office.