LOUISIANA ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND
Position: Base Service Store Cashier (Ft Polk Location)
Department: Base Service Center
Supervisor: Base Store Manager
Date: 6 to 9 months from Aug 1, 2009
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Greet Customers
• Assist in product location and item selection.
• Validate customer’s buying authority via provided letters.
• Tally purchasing using Point of Sale System.
• Receive payment from customers, secure appropriate signatures, process payment on Point of Sale System.
• Stocking of shelves/ racks.
• Maintain clean work area
• Perform other duties as assigned by Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
Job Specifications and Requirements:
• Must be legally blind or visually impaired
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• General operating knowledge of office machinery and computer systems.
• Effective communications skills promoting customer loyalty.
• Ability to operate Point of Sale System. Accommodations to visual impairments can be made.
• Physical ability to push, pull, and lift boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time. Some walking and minimal climbing is required.
L.A.B. is a drug free workplace. Applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
L.A.B. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin or union affiliation. Minorities and females are encouraged to apply.
Copyright © 2013 American Council of the Blind
All content created initially for use by ACB in publications, in any media on any web site domains administered by ACB, or as a broadcast or podcast on ACB Radio, archived or not, is considered to be the property of the American Council of the Blind. Creative content that appears elsewhere originally remains the property of the original copyright holder. Those responsible for creative content submitted initially to ACB are free to permit their materials to appear elsewhere with proper attribution and prior notification to the ACB national office.