[acb-hsp] FW: SAMHSA National GAINS Center Nov 16 Webinar: Peer Support, Returning Service Members and Veterans
Baracco, Andrew W
Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Mon Nov 15 21:13:28 GMT 2010
----- Forwarded message -----
From: "SAMHSA National GAINS Center" <gains at prainc.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 13, 2010 12:07 am
Subject: SAMHSA National GAINS Center Nov 16 Webinar: Peer Support, Returning Service Members and Veterans
If you are having trouble viewing the email below, please click here <http://gainscenter.samhsa.gov/listserv/11_12_10.html <http://gainscenter.samhsa.gov/listserv/11_12_10.html> >
Tuesday, November 16th Webinar
Peer Support, Returning Service Members and Veterans: Veteran Centers and Beyond Tuesday, November 16th - 3:00-5:00pm ET
The SAMHSA National GAINS Center is pleased to announce its upcoming Peer Support, Returning Service Members and Veterans: Veteran Centers and Beyond webinar as part of its technical assistance to justice-involved consumer/veteran focused initiatives across the nation.
With as many as 17 percent of returning service members and veterans developing PTSD and other mental illnesses, the need for proactive initiatives becomes more apparent. Many returning service members and veterans are looking for support in their efforts to recovery from the wounds of war. Peer support is emerging as an effective way to engage and support our service members and veterans.
This webinar will: (1) Explore the evolution of peer support in the veteran community; (2) Highlight the innovative work being done by Veteran Advocates and the Veterans Administration in making peers support services available to veterans; and (3) Provide examples of innovative collaborations that are emerging between veterans, consumer operated services and networks and local VA Centers.
Participants will have an opportunity to gain knowledge on:
* The History of the Veteran Peer Support Movement
* The evolving role of peer support in VA system including training and employment
* How local VA Centers are implementing peer support services into their systems of care and the outcomes of these services
* Innovative partnerships between local VA Centers, veteran advocacy groups, consumer operated programs and networks and other community based organizations
* Key action steps to take in developing effective and mutually beneficial relationships with local VA Centers, veteran organizations and consumer operated programs and networks
Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Mental Health Services
Veteran Advocate, Vet-to-Vet
Veteran Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System’s Errera Community Care Center (ECCC)
Massachusetts Transformation Center
* To participate, simply call 1-888-324-8501. Your conference number is PW8985187 and your audience passcode is: GDTR
* On your computer, go to the following link: https://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join.php?i=PW8985187&p=GDTR&t=c <https://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join.php?i=PW8985187&p=GDTR&t=c> .
It is usually helpful to join the call 15 minutes in advance, so we can ensure that your technology is working properly.
Click here<http://gainscenter.samhsa.gov/forms/unsubscribe.asp <http://gainscenter.samhsa.gov/forms/unsubscribe.asp> > to unsubscribe from this list
The CMHS National GAINS Center
GAINS at prainc.com<mailto:GAINS at prainc.com <mailto:GAINS at prainc.com%3cmailto:GAINS at prainc.com> >
Funded by the Center for Mental Health Services of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
This email was sent to you by The CMHS National GAINS Center.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the acb-hsp