[idaho-connection] Results of 2/24 meeting with Kristy Pew
carol22537 at msn.com
Wed Feb 16 01:42:35 GMT 2011
I met with Kristy Pew, Director of Catering, Boise Hotel and Conference Center, this morning and here's what we have finalized at this point:
1. Hotel will provide an alternate room on the ground floor of the hotel for the Friday night reception from 5:00 - 10:00 p.m. (same room used for last year's event in Boise). They will put round tables with tablecloths, chairs and serving table in the room. Room capacity is 30+ people. We can either have the hotel provide food and beverages on an "as consumed" basis (so much per can of soda, etc. consumed) or we can bring in our own food and beverages for a nominal room clean-up fee (<$25.00). Kristy will reduce the rate for this room from what we were paying for the Coeur d'Alene hospitality suite and work with us based on our budget. Kristy will send the details to Berl in an e-mail this evening.
2. We have the Cascade meeting room in the conference center set up classroom style from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, 3/26, for $100.00. Room capacity is75-100 people.
3. Lunch will be served and will be a box lunch or sandwich smorgasboard ($8.25/person, if I recall correctly). Continental breakfast of danish, muffins, bagels will be available at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday in the Cascade meeting room with water and coffee available all day long. Kristy suggested that going ala carte with the breakfast would be the least expensive way to do it (danish, muffins, bagels by the dozen rather than per individual as described in the "Breakfast" section of the menu). These items would remain in the meeting room until the end of the morning break so no additional charge for morning break food/beverage service. I told Kristy that we have a $100.00 sponsor for something and she said that we could use that $100 for either the afternoon break or for the continental breakfast. She asked that Berl and I look over the menu she sent and decide what we want to do for the afternoon break - she has recommendations for a variety of food items suitable for that break and will work with us to get the best deal for our budget.
4. .Complimentary WI-FI is available for internet connectvity for anyone with a WI-FI card in their computer. There are a limited number of electrical outlets in the exhibit area, but extension cords and power strips will be provided at no charge as long as we give advance notice of how many we need.
5. Complimentary podium is provided, but all A/V equipment is rented through a local company. Kristy thought microphoes were $30.00 for corded and $50.00 for cordless. She said that if we need a mixer board, etc. that we would need to work that out with the A/V company. I stayed away from that discussion due to my ignorance on that subject.
6. The exhibit area lobby is right outside of the Cascade meeting room, but we can configure it any way we would like. We would need to work with their set-up crew the day before to be sure it is arranged the way we want it to be. I can do this because of being local and in relatively close proximity to the hotel. I believe we can configure this area in such a way as to minimize extraneous noise in the meeting room.
1. Darrin and i are in the process of confirming the four presenters (ICAT, Apple-Mac store, Talking Book Library, ICBVI). Darrin has confirmation from the Mac store (Erik), I have a meeting tomorrow with Sue Walker at the TB library, Darrin has sent e-mail to ICAT for confirmation of their presentation and Darrin and I will make a brief presentation to the ICBVI Board meeting next week (2/24) and ask them to present at the March event at that time.
2. We thought that Chris Grey would do a presnetation on diabetic self-care adaptations that could be done during the 45-minute exhibit session for anyone interested. This way it would not be a concurrent session at any time while other presenters were presenting. Unfortunately, Chris is not available on 3/25-26 so this is no longer an issue.
With these things now in place I beleive we can get the word out and Lori would be safe in announcing this at the Eagle peer support group meeting on 2/20. We can repost the agenda that was developed during the planning committee meeting two weeks ago and anyome wanting to share the information could. I also believe the Outreach Comittee is safe in developing a plan and gettinng the word out ASAP.
Please let me know if you have any questions - I'm going to go eat some dinner now!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the idaho-connection