[nabs] assistive technology project for school
olivianorman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 20:48:48 GMT 2010
I'm in the midst of doing a group project for school with a focus on access to assistive technology and reducing it's cost for blind individuals. We just have a few quick questions that we'd appreciate your answers to.
1. What technology do you use on a daily basis?
2. How did you obtain the technology? Through an agency? Through other funding? Did you pay for it out of your own pocket?
3. What, if any, access challenges do you experience while using technology?
4. Does your school have assistive technology available for your use? If yes, what do they provide?
5. Have you considered using mainstream technology products, such as apple products to achieve your goals? If yes, do you use these products? Do they adequately meet your needs, or do you still need assistive devices, such as braille displays or other screen readers to accomplish daily tasks?
Please feel free to answer these off list. Thanks in advance for helping us with this project!
"Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower", Steve Jobs
More information about the nabs