2017 Scholarship Application
Thank you for applying to the American Council of the Blind Scholarship Program. Please take a few moments to review the critical application instructions that follow prior to proceeding to the online application. Doing so will ensure that you will have all required documentation for submission. Please copy and save these instruction prior to proceeding so that you can reference it as needed.
Scholarship Application Instructions
The American Council of the Blind scholarship application process must be completed online. Only approved supplements will be accepted by regular mail. See the mailing address below for submission of the supporting documents. Incomplete forms will not be processed and considered for review. Please do not leave any questions blank.
Include the following with your completed application:
1. Autobiographical sketch (details found in online application)
2. Certification of legal blindness from an ophthalmologist, optometrist or physician. (This hard copy letter may be mailed.)
3. Certified transcripts from the school you are currently attending. Entering freshmen, please include high school transcripts; graduate students, please include undergraduate transcripts. Unless extenuating circumstances exist, a 3.3 cumulative grade point average is required. (This hard copy letter may be mailed.)
4. Two letters of recommendation from a current or recent instructor, career counselor or employer. (Only Microsoft Word or rich text formats will be accepted; they may be emailed separately to email@example.com.)
5. Proof of acceptance from a post-secondary school. Entering and transferring students must submit a notice or letter from the admissions office certifying acceptance or consideration for admission. If not available at the time the application is submitted, it must be submitted as soon as it is available. Students continuing at the same school attended during 2016-17 do not need to submit this document. (Microsoft Word or rich text formats are preferred, and can be emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Only completed application supplements that you are not able to email must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, February 15, 2017, to:
American Council of the Blind Scholarship Program,
Attn: Dee Theien
6300 Shingle Creek Parkway
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
Online applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM (CST) Wednesday, February 15, 2017. If you wish to check on whether all your application information was received, you may call Dee Theien after March 1, 2017 at (612) 332-3242 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (CST).