Thank you for applying to the American Council of the Blind Scholarship Program. Please take a few moments to review the critical application instructions that follow prior to proceeding to the online application. Doing so will assure that you have organized yourself in such a manner that you have submitted all required documentation in a timely manner. Please copy and save this instruction page prior to proceeding so that you may reference them as needed. You can download an MS Word large print copy of the instructions here.
Scholarship application instructions:
The American Council of the Blind scholarship application process must be completed online. Only approved supplements will be accepted by regular mail. See the mailing address below for submission of the supporting documents. Incomplete forms will not be processed and considered for review. Please do not leave any questions blank.
Include the following with your completed application:
- Autobiographical sketch (details found in online application)
- Certification of legal blindness from an ophthalmologist, optometrist or physician. (This hard copy letter may be mailed.)
- Certified transcripts from the school you are currently attending. Entering freshmen, please include high school transcripts; graduate students, please include undergraduate transcripts. Unless extenuating circumstances exist, a 3.3 cumulative grade point average is required. (This hard copy letter may be mailed.)
- Two letters of recommendation from a current or recent instructor, career counselor or employer. (Microsoft Word or Rich Text formats will only be accepted and can be emailed separately to: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Proof of acceptance from a post-secondary school. Entering and transferring students must submit a notice or letter from the admissions office certifying acceptance or consideration for admission. If not available at the time the application is submitted, it must be submitted as soon as it is available. Students continuing at the same school attended during 2013-2014 do not need to submit this document. (Microsoft Word or Rich Text formats are preferred and can be emailed separately to email@example.com).
Completed application supplements (only) that are not able to be emailed must be postmarked no later than Saturday, March 1, 2014, to:
American Council of the Blind Scholarship Program
Attn: Dee Theien
6300 Shingle Creek Parkway, Suite 195
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
Online applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM (CST) Saturday, March 1, 2014. If you wish to check on whether all your application information was received, you may call or email Dee Theien (firstname.lastname@example.org) after March 14, 2014 at (612) 332-3242 or (800) 866-3242 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. (CST).
*Please confirm that you have read this and click "next" to proceed to the application process.