Stay connected with our organization by becoming a member or a friend of ACB.
Membership benefits include:
- Voting rights and early registration access for our annual Conference and Convention
- Ability to hold elected office and serve on national committees
- Receipt of the Braille Forum in your format of choice
- Connection to advocacy and other timely ACB efforts through our “announce” email list
- ACB members only discounts and offers
- Access to a dynamic and passionate membership who are an engaged community and offer expertise in a variety of blindness related areas
How to become an ACB member
Membership in one of ACB’s state or special interest affiliates automatically makes you a member of the American Council of the Blind.
To learn about a state affiliate near you and join their affiliate:
Become a State Affiliate Member
To learn about a special-interest affiliate and join their affiliate:
Become a Special Interest Affiliate Member
If you are not joining a state or special interest affiliate, you can become a member at large, by clicking on the button below:
Become a Member at Large
- Once you have created an account, please use the "Join ACB" link at the top of the page to become a member
Become a Friend of ACB
Want to stay tuned to all things ACB but not ready to become a full member? Join us as a Friend of ACB at no charge! Friends of ACB:
- Receive electronic versions of The Braille Forum and eForum
- Stay connected to advocacy and other timely ACB efforts through our “announce” email list
- Receive our daily schedule of Community Events either by email or by calling 800-424-8666 and participate in those of your choosing.
- Have ongoing access to ACB resources and information to strengthen ones understanding of our organization
To join, simply fill out the form linked below.