Volume LIII April 2015 No. 10
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (231) 460-1061 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (231) 460-1047.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2015 American Council of the Blind
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 650, Arlington, VA 22201
All content created initially for use by ACB in publications, in any media on any web site domains administered by ACB, or as a broadcast or podcast on ACB Radio, archived or not, is considered to be the property of the American Council of the Blind. Creative content that appears elsewhere originally remains the property of the original copyright holder. Those responsible for creative content submitted initially to ACB are free to permit their materials to appear elsewhere with proper attribution and prior notification to the ACB national office.
Table of Contents
- The ACB E-Forum, April 2015 downloads
- President’s Message: What Can Marrakesh Do to Help Make Books Accessible for Everyone?, by Kim Charlson
- ACB Legislative Imperatives for 2015, by Melanie Brunson
- The Bright Stars Align over Dallas, by Janet Dickelman
- FIA Reflects on Turning 30 and Looks Forward to the Future, by Dwayne Estes
- Walk with the Stars at the ACB Brenda Dillon Memorial Walk, by Donna Brown
- Seeking Helpers for the 2015 Information Desk, by Vicky Prahin
- Come One, Come All to the Lone Star Loot Auction!
- Product Evaluations and Guides: A Review of the Odin VI: An Accessible Feature Phone from Odin Mobile, by Bill Holton
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- Blind Bind, by John Lee Clark
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.
Want to stream your convention? ACB Radio can help you out; write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACB Radio's Main Menu is the talk of the town when it comes to technology; check it out at http://www.acbradio.org.