Volume XLI April 2003 No. 8
Published By The American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 2003 American Council of the Blind
Christopher Gray, President
Charles H. Crawford, Executive Director
Penny Reeder, Editor
Sharon Lovering, Editorial Assistant
Table of Contents
- President's Message: ACB Stands Up for Freedom of Choice in Rehabilitation, by Christopher Gray
- Board of Publications Hosts Online Candidates' Forum, by Penny Reeder
- Things We Don't Have to See to Believe, by Charles H. Crawford
- Summary of the February 11 Meeting of the ACB Board of Directors, by Charles S.P. Hodge
- Want to Participate in a Sleep Study?
- Vision Quest 2003: A Self-Discovery Conference for Young Blind Women
- Letters to the Editor
- Affiliate News
- The Tours of Summer 2003, by Berl Colley
- Illinois Library Providing Digital Talking Books to Patrons, by Pat Price
- Connecting the Dots, by Jenine Stanley
- Whale Watching Is for Everyone!, by Charlie Doremus and Ellie Ferri
- Here and There, by Sharon Lovering
- High Tech Swap Shop
Audiovision Canada ("Here and There," March 2003), which offers audio described movies, only ships to Canadian locations. Those in the United States who would like to order movies from Audiovision need to contact New Media Resources, Inc., at (818) 757-2200.
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.