Vol. XXXVI December 1997 No. 6
Published By The American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 1997 American Council of the Blind
Paul Edwards, President
Oral O. Miller, J.D., Executive Director
Nolan Crabb, Editor
Sharon Lovering, Editorial Assistant
Table of Contents
- President's Message: Bits And Pieces, by Paul Edwards
- Inaction By WMATA Spurs Silent Protest, by Sharon Lovering
- Report Of The Executive Director, by Oral O. Miller
- In Orlando, Fla., The Excitement Continues, by John A. Horst
- ACB Position Available: Director of Governmental Affairs
- A Willing Voice For Information Access, by Brian Charlson
- I Refuse To Go To Orlando, by Cynthia Towers
- ACB Expands On-line Presence, by Brian Charlson
- Ask The Advocates: About SSDI Earnings And Accessible Web Sites,
- by Mark Richert
- Affiliate News
- Here And There, by Elizabeth M. Lennon
- High Tech Swap Shop
- Year-end Legal Tidbits, by Charles S.P. Hodge
The telephone number for the dog food delivery service known as Waggin' Tails ("ACB 1997 Convention Summary," October 1997) was incorrectly listed. The correct number is (800) 946-8245.
Electronic Job Bank Up
The advocacy services staff at the ACB national office is proud to announce the establishment of a new, electronic Job Bank. The Job Bank is posted on the internet and contains job listings sent to ACB and other appropriate listings. This service is available now! To access the Job Bank, please contact our web site at http://www.acb.org, and then click on the ACB Job Bank link. Thank you, and good luck.
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.