Volume XLVIII December 2009 No. 6
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 2009 American Council of the Blind
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- Class Action Ruling Announced in American Council of the Blind v. Social Security Administration, by Melanie Brunson
- President's Message: Technology and Independence?, by Mitch Pomerantz
- 2010 Conference and Convention: The Sunny Southwest, by Carla Ruschival
- Summary of the ACB Fall Board Meeting, by Marcia Dresser
- In Memoriam: Margaret R. Pfanstiehl, Radio Reading Service & Audio Description Pioneer, by Joel Snyder
- Affiliate News
- Committee News
- 2010-2011 Scholarship Applications Available Soon!
- An Update on the Breast Cancer Support Group, by Bonnie Rennie
- ACB Radio Is Here for You!, by Debbie Hazelton
- My ACB Christmas Present, by William Benjamin
- Here and There, edited by Sue Lichtenfels
- High Tech Swap Shop
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.