Vol. XXXVI February 1998 No. 8
Published By The American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 1998 American Council of the Blind
Paul Edwards, President
Oral O. Miller, J.D., Executive Director
Nolan Crabb, Editor
Sharon Lovering, Editorial Assistant
Table of Contents
- President's Message: Partners, Not Apologists, by Paul Edwards
- ACB Wins Guide Dog Victory in Hawaii
- ACB Announces Congressional Internship Program, by Oral O. Miller
- Florida Attraction: The 1998 ACB Convention, by John A. Horst
- Award Nominations Sought
- Federal Appellate Court Rules Against Voting Rights Claims of Blind Plaintiffs, by Charles S.P. Hodge
- Ask the Advocates: About the ADA's Complaint Process, by Mark Richert
- In Memoriam: James Womack
- State Licensing Agency Wins in Minnesota, by Charles S.P. Hodge
- The Relevance of Research, Or, Research? Why Bother?
- Affiliate News
- From Your Perspective: Why Optacon?, by Rita Levy
- Letters to the Editor
- The UK Disability Discrimination Act: Definitional Maze and Enforcement Barriers, by Amir A. Majid
- Here and There, by Elizabeth M. Lennon
- Humility, by Larry Johnson
- High Tech Swap Shop
ELECTRONIC JOB BANK UP
The advocacy services staff at the ACB national office is pleased to remind you of the availability of its electronic Job Bank. The Job Bank is posted on the internet and contains numerous job listings. This service is available now! To access the Job Bank, please contact our web site at http://www.acb.org, and then click on the ACB Job Bank link. Thank you, and good luck.
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.