Volume LIX July 2020 No. 1
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2020 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Welcome to the First Virtual ACB Convention, by Dan Spoone
- How to Access the Virtual Convention, by Janet Dickelman
- Affiliate and Committee News
- In Memoriam: Camille Caffarelli, by Kim Charlson
- Summary of ACB’s Board of Directors Meeting, April 23, 2020, by Deb Cook Lewis
- Belonging: Finding My Place in ACB, by Tyson Ernst
- ‘Tuesday Topics’ Is Back on ACB Radio Mainstream, by Paul Edwards
- Mouse Assisting Inclusive Technology, by Rachel Hage
- The ADA at 30, by Paul Edwards
- Commentary: Give Boot to ‘Not My Job’ Mentality, by Larry P. Johnson
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- The Only Moment You Really Have Is Now, by Ilana Breger
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank email to [email protected], or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your email address and name where indicated.
Check out ACB Radio Mainstream to keep abreast of happenings in the blind community.
There are now two versions of ACB Radio Mainstream — Mainstream East (all times Eastern) and Mainstream West (all times Pacific). Check them out at http://acbradio.org/mainstream.