Volume LX July 2021 No. 1
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2021 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Celebrating Fellowship and Welcoming in the Olympics at the 2021 ACB Convention, by Dan Spoone
- Accessing the Virtual Convention, by Janet Dickelman
- Continuing Education and Professional Development with ACB, by Carla Ruschival
- It’s Not Too Late to Get Moving Together with ACB, by Katie Frederick
- The Mini Mall Minute, by Carla Ruschival
- Don’t Forget MMS, by Jean Mann
- Summary of the April 29, 2021 Board of Directors Meeting, by Penny Reeder
- Let’s Go Fishing!, by Dr. Ron Milliman
- Twenty-Five Years of Learning, by Carl Jarvis
- Beyond My Perception, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.