Volume XLIV July-August 2005 No. 1
Published By The American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 2005 American Council of the Blind
Christopher Gray, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Acting Editor
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- President's Message: Back to Basics: How Do We Get There?, by Christopher Gray
- Monthly Conference Calls Available
- ACB Rallies Round Rehab, by Melanie Brunson
- Who Will Speak for Brandy Prince?, by Allen J. Casey
- Affiliate News
- In Memoriam: Susan Kamrass, by Sheila Styron
- In Memoriam: Gerald Pye, by Marsha Farrow
- Remembering Gerald Pye
- Large Print Book Reproduction: An Intimate View, by Laurie Noble, Paul Hernandez and Grace Oshiro
- Readers Disgusted by "Extreme Makeover Home Edition"
- Editorial: Misplaced Goodwill?, by Sharon Lovering
- Have Dog, Will Travel, by DeAnna Quietwater Noriega
- Because of Our Guide Dogs, We Felt Like Prisoners in Paradise!, by Patty Yarman
- Leading the Way: My Path to Becoming a Business Leader, by Daniel Novielli
- Keep It Simple, Smarty!, by Susan Mazrui
- Here and There, by Sarah Blake
- Letter to the Editor
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, and Board of Publications
Due to an editing error, the name of the lady offering the large-print "Book of Common Prayer" was misspelled ("Here and There," June 2005). Her name is Ann Dahlen.
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.