Volume LI March 2013 No. 7
Published by the American Council of the Blind
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
fax: (703) 465-5085
Web site: https://www.acb.org/
The Braille Forum (TM) is available in braille, large print, half-speed four-track cassette tape, data CD, and via e-mail. Subscription requests, address changes, and items intended for publication should be sent to Sharon Lovering at the address above, or via e-mail to [email protected].
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at the number listed above.
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB via the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the "Washington Connection" toll-free at (800) 424-8666, 5 p.m. to midnight Eastern time, or read it online.
Copyright 2013 American Council of the Blind
All content created initially for use by ACB in publications, in any media on any web site domains administered by ACB, or as a broadcast or podcast on ACB Radio, archived or not, is considered to be the property of the American Council of the Blind. Creative content that appears elsewhere originally remains the property of the original copyright holder. Those responsible for creative content submitted initially to ACB are free to permit their materials to appear elsewhere with proper attribution and prior notification to the ACB national office.
Table of Contents
- ACB Braille Forum, March 2013 downloads
- President's Message: Making Sausage or, Those Devilish Details, by Mitch Pomerantz
- Audio Description Project Update - The White House is Described! by Joel Snyder
- ACB Conference and Convention: World of Learning, World of Fun by Janet Dickelman
- Have You Noticed Changes to the ACB Web Site? by Annette Carter
- Summaries of the Fall and Winter Board Meetings by Paul Edwards
- Join the DKM Tradition before April 1 by Allen Casey
- Worthy Nominees Sought for Prestigious ACB Awards! by Cindy Van Winkle
- Board of Publications Awards Your Excellence in 2013
- New Electronic Magazine Needs a Name
- Does Your ACB Affiliate or Chapter Have a Winning Brochure?
- More News from the Audio Description Project
- Filling the Financial Gaps in Medicare Coverage by Ron Pollack
- We Want to Worship Too by Donna Rose
- A Vision for Using Computers for Inclusive Worship by Rev. John Jay Frank
- A Hitch in Time by Carl Jarvis
- I Wandered into a Memory by Robert Kingett
- I Know, or Eye No by Philip Kutner
- World of Work by Larry P. Johnson
- Tips on Dealing with a Power Outage by Martha Hoch
- How Affiliates Grow Their Membership compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Affiliate News
- Here and There by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
Forum Subscription Notes
You can now get "The Braille Forum" by podcast! To subscribe, go to "The Braille Forum" page on www.acb.org. If you do not yet have a podcast client, you can download one from the Forum page.
To subscribe to "The Braille Forum" via e-mail, go to www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/brailleforum-L.
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.