Volume LXI May 2023 No. 11
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
© 2023 American Council of the Blind
Dan Spoone, Interim Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- Presidents’ Message, by Dan Spoone and Deb Cook Lewis
- Convention 2023: Registration and Reasonable Accommodations, by Janet Dickelman
- Stepping Out With ACB!, by Donna Brown
- Aha Moments in Social Faux Pas, by Suzanne Ament
- Two-Armed Teacher, by Gudrun Brunot
- Humor, A Blind Teacher’s Friend, by Gary Legates
- 2-Armed Teacher: Voice Instruction, by Gudrun Brunot
- Snowplows in Disney World, by Lee Griffin
- Sun, Sand, and Surf without Sight!, by Janet Di Nola Parmerter
- Paris Hilton and Me, by John Buckley
- Forty Years Ago in the Forum
- Affiliate News
- Here and There
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Upcoming Forum Themes and Deadlines
July 2023: hodgepodge issue; deadline: May 26, 2023
August 2023: theme TBA; deadline: June 23, 2023
September 2023: convention wrap-up issue; deadline: July 24, 2023
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.