Volume XLVII October 2008 No. 4
Published By The American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 2008 American Council of the Blind
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
Table of Contents
- ACB Takes Leading Role in Political Conventions, by Eric Bridges and Jeff Thom
- The Quest for Accessible Currency, Phase 2, by Melanie Brunson
- President's Message: The World Blind Union in Retrospect, by Mitch Pomerantz
- ACB Staff on the Move, by Melanie Brunson
- From Derby City to the Mouse's House, by Carla Ruschival
- A Tribute to M. Helen Vargo, by Genevieve Schreiner
- What Does ACB Do for Me?, by Ronald E. Milliman
- Affiliate News
- Not Just Words, by Paul Edwards
- Letters to the Editor
- Here and There, by Sue Lichtenfels
- High Tech Swap Shop
Due to an editing error, the last name of Robert and Ottilie Lucas ("And This Year's Winner Is ...", September 2008) was misspelled. We regret the error.
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.