Vol. XXXVI September 1997 No. 3
Published By The American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 1997 American Council of the Blind
Paul Edwards, President
Oral O. Miller, J.D., Executive Director
Nolan Crabb, Editor
Sharon Lovering, Editorial Assistant
Table of Contents
- President's Message: The People We Never See, by Paul Edwards
- Report Of The Executive Director: If ACB Is Our Organization, It Needs And Deserves Our Financial Support!, by Oral O. Miller
- American Council Of The Blind Awards Over $50,000 In Scholarship Funds to 26 Outstanding Blind Students, by Holly Fults
- Federal Appellate Court Orders California Licensing Agency To Pay Up, by Charles S.P. Hodge
- My Own Experience, by Karrey Janvrin Lindenberg
- The Songkran Festival, by Robert Langford
- ACB Policy On Grants/Loans To State And Special-Interest Affiliates
- Legal Access: Back To School: Parochial Lessons, by Charles D. Goldman
- From Your Perspective: Why We Can't Ignore Mr. Magoo, by Mitch Pomerantz
- In Memoriam: Nicholas S. "Nick" DiCaprio
- In Memoriam: Myrtle Echols
- Affiliate News
- Here And There, by Elizabeth M. Lennon
- FDR Memorial Update: Take 2, by Charles S.P. Hodge
- High Tech Swap Shop
Due to an editing error, the incorrect dates were given for the 1998 convention ("The Braille Forum," August 1997). The correct dates are July 4-11, 1998.
The name of the prime minister for education and employment in Great Britain was misspelled ("British Parliamentary Elections Result In Firsts For Disabled Office Holders," August 1997). The correct spelling is David Blankett.
Electronic Job Bank Up
The advocacy services staff at the ACB national office is proud to announce the establishment of a new, electronic Job Bank. The Job Bank is posted on the internet and contains job listings sent to ACB and other appropriate listings. This service is available now! To access the Job Bank, please contact our web site at http://www.acb.org, and then click on the ACB Job Bank link. Thank you, and good luck.
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.