Volume LV - April 2017 - No. 10
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2017 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Service Dogs and the Supreme Court, by Kim Charlson
- It’s Almost Time to Register for Reno!, by Janet Dickelman
- Volunteer at the Information Desk in Sparks, by Vicky Prahin
- Let the Sparks Fly in Nevada This Summer, by Donna Brown
- Come Prepared to Bid and Buy at the Sparks of Enthusiasm Auction!
- In the Palm of Nature: Snapshot of a multisensory experience in Italy’s Abruzzo, Lazio e Molise National Park, by Richard Rueda
- SAZCB President Takes Piano Bar by Storm, by Lindsey McHugh
- Don’t Touch That Dial: It’s Time for “Blind and Beyond,” by Greg Lindberg
- How You Sound Really Matters, by Larry P. Johnson
- How Can Your Chapter or Affiliate Strengthen Your Personal Outreach to Your Local Community?, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to [email protected], or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your e-mail address and name where indicated.
ACB Radio brings old-time radio drama to you 24/7 at www.acbradio.org/trove.
The ACB Radio Café features the work of blind artists 24/7 at www.acbradio.org/cafe.