Volume LIX April 2021 No. 10
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (518) 906-1820 and choose option 8. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (518) 906-1820.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2021 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Join Our International Journey toward Diversity and Inclusion, by Dan Spoone
- ACB’s New Members Portal
- Announcing the 2021 Talking Book Narrator, by Janet Dickelman
- Audio Description Project Calls for Nominations for the 13th Annual ADP Awards, by Joel Snyder
- 421 for ’21, by Jean Mann
- In Memoriam: Charles Edwin “Doc” Bradley Jr., June 15, 1943-January 19, 2021
- A Place at the Table, by Cachet Wells
- What Color Is the Dream?, by Sandra Sermons
- Heart of a Legacy, by Michael and Peggy Garrett
- What Is IDC?, by Pamela Metz and Regina Brink
- People of Color, by Charles Nabarrete
- Learning and Leading in the D.C. Council of the Blind, by Cheryl Cumings
- Smoke Signal Sent from Quiet Water, by Regina Brink
- Feeling Connected in New Mexico, by Cheryl Cumings
- A Man Who Has Made a Difference, by Michael E. Garrett
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
ACB Radio brings old-time radio drama to you 24/7 at www.acbradio.org/trove.
Got a request? Tune in to ACB Radio Interactive and ask the DJ on duty to play it for you at www.acbradio.org.