Volume LXI December 2022 No. 6
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
© 2022 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Happy Holidays and ACB Reflections!, by Dan Spoone
- A Preview of the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel, by Janet Dickelman
- Glimpses of Croatia, by Maria Kristic
- Furry Travels, by Maria Kristic and Gabriel Lopez Kafati
- How I’ve Visited Over 100 Countries, and You Can, Too, by Tony Giles
- Posh Gabriel Barcelona, by Gabriel Lopez Kafati
- My Velvet Adventure – A Coming of Age Story, by Sandra Sermons
- My International Adventure through Israel, by Meryl Shecter
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Upcoming Forum Themes and Deadlines
February 2023: ACB Diabetics in Action, part 2; deadline: January 3, 2023
March 2023: Women’s History Month; deadline: January 25, 2023
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.