Volume LIX June 2021 No. 12
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2021 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Blindness Should Not Be a Barrier to Good Health or Good Health Care, by Dan Spoone
- Convention Sneak Preview, by Janet Dickelman
- Continuing Education and Professional Development News, by Carla Ruschival
- The New $20: A Chance for Accessible Currency, by Dan Spoone
- Summary of the February Board Meeting, by Penny Reeder
- “Get Up & Get Moving:” A Campaign out of Isolation for Full Inclusion & Independence, by Tony Stephens
- Get Exercise and Support an ACB Affiliate at the Same Time, by Judy Wilkinson
- Enjoy the Perks of Engaging with Your Neighbor, by Larry Johnson
- A Review of ‘Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain,’ by Doug Powell
- Massage as an Antidote to Stress, by Koni Sims
- The Room, by Ann Chiappetta
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- Never Give Up and Never, Never Give In, by Ilana Breger
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
ACB Radio, the place to be with people in the know! www.acbradio.org
ACB Radio Mainstream has blindness-related news you can use at www.acbradio.org/mainstream.