Volume LIV January 2016 No. 7
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (605) 475-8154 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (605) 475-8130.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2015 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 650, Arlington, VA 22201
Table of Contents
- The ACB Braille Forum, January 2016 downloads
- The Next Chapter for ACB’s Leadership: Eric Bridges Appointed Executive Director, by Kim Charlson
- Sutherland and the Washington Lawyers’ Committee Reach Landmark Settlement with General Services Administration
- ACB: Land of 10,000 Dreams, by Janet Dickelman
- ACB: Cultivating Leaders for the Future, by Allen Casey
- DKM at 20 Invites New First-Timers, by Allen Casey
- Board of Publications Awards Your Excellence in Media and Writing in 2016
- Summary of the Fall Board of Directors Meeting, by Doug Powell
- Affiliates: Putting ACB into ACB Radio!
- Top-Notch Tool for Job Seekers
- Ed Walker, WAMU personality who burnished radio’s golden age, dies at 83
- Affiliate News
- Summary Notice of Proposed Class Action Lawsuit
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she’ll take care of the changes for you.
Got a request? Tune in to ACB Radio interactive and ask the DJ on duty to play it for you at www.acbradio.org.
ACB Radio brings old-time radio drama to you 24/7 at www.acbradio.org/trove.