Volume LVI - September 2017 - No. 3
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (605) 475-8154 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (605) 475-8130.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2017 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- Senators Push for Tactile Feature on Paper Currency
- ACB Sparks Success Was A Big Success, by Janet Dickelman
- The Reno Roundup: ACB’s 56th Annual Convention A Sparkling Success!, by Doug Powell, Deb Cook Lewis, Susan Glass, and Paul Edwards
- Scholarships Spark Future Successes, by Michael Garrett
- American Council of the Blind Announces Audio Description Awards
- Board Approves Affiliate Name Change, Donation to WBU to Assist Caribbean Representatives, by Doug Powell
- Mini Mall News, by Carla Ruschival
- ACB Radio Holiday Auction: The Fun Begins, by Carla Ruschival
- Ski for Light 2018
- Affiliate News
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to [email protected], or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your e-mail address and name where indicated.
For news you can use, check out the new ACB Radio World News and Information at www.acbradio.org.
Check out ACB Radio Mainstream to keep abreast of happenings in the blind community.