Volume XLIX January 2011 No. 7
Published By The American Council of the Blind
THE AMERICAN COUNCIL OF THE BLIND STRIVES TO INCREASE THE INDEPENDENCE, SECURITY, EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY, AND QUALITY OF LIFE FOR ALL BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED PEOPLE.
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
fax: (703) 465-5085
Web Site: http://www.acb.org
THE BRAILLE FORUM (TM) is available in braille, large print, half-speed four-track cassette tape, and via e-mail. Subscription requests, address changes, and items intended for publication should be sent to Sharon Lovering at the address above, or via e-mail to [email protected].
Submission deadlines are the first of the month.
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at the number listed above.
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Mike Godino at the above mailing address. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB via the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the "Washington Connection" toll-free at (800) 424-8666, 5 p.m. to midnight Eastern time, or read it online.
Copyright 2010 American Council of the Blind.
Table of Contents
- President's Message: Change Versus Tradition in ACB, by Mitch Pomerantz
- Calling All Members of State Rehabilitation Councils and Similar Advisory Groups, by Melanie Brunson
- 2011 Conference and Convention: ACB Goes Gold in the Silver State, by Carla Ruschival
- ACB Scholarship Announcement
- A New Year's Resolution You Can Easily Keep, by Ray Campbell
- The Challenge of Aging and Blindness: How ACB Can Make a Difference, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- ACB Members in Action: Blind People Helping Each Other, by Maureen Comiskey
- Getting Off the Bench, by Sheila Styron
- Using Penfriend to meet health needs
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sue Lichtenfels
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, and Board of Publications