Volume XLIX March 2011 No. 9
Published By The American Council of the Blind
THE AMERICAN COUNCIL OF THE BLIND STRIVES TO INCREASE THE INDEPENDENCE, SECURITY, EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY, AND QUALITY OF LIFE FOR ALL BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED PEOPLE.
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
fax: (703) 465-5085
Web Site: http://www.acb.org
THE BRAILLE FORUM (TM) is available in braille, large print, half-speed four-track cassette tape, data CD, and via e-mail. Subscription requests, address changes, and items intended for publication should be sent to Sharon Lovering at the address above, or via e-mail to [email protected].
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at the number listed above.
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Mike Godino at the above mailing address. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB via the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the "Washington Connection" toll-free at (800) 424-8666, 5 p.m. to midnight Eastern time, or read it online.
American Council of the Blind
Table of Contents
- President's Message: ACB Speaks to the Justice Department, by Mitch Pomerantz
- Making the Income Tax Filing Process More Accessible, by Melanie Brunson
- ADA Regs Go to the Dogs: Long-Awaited Clarification of Service Animal Definition from Department of Justice, by Jenine Stanley
- ACB in the Silver State: 2011 Conference and Convention, by Carla Ruschival
- DKM deadline is near
- ACB Gears up for Officer Elections in July
- Exhibiting the Gold, Exploring the Treasure, Embracing the Cultures, by Eric Frey and Michael Garrett
- Impact of a Short Conversation, by James Edwards
- French Delegation, by George Holliday
- In My Own Voice: The Carmella's Quest Collaboration, by Carmella Broome
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sue Lichtenfels
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, and Board of Publications
FORUM SUBSCRIPTION NOTES
You can now get "The Braille Forum" by podcast! To subscribe, go to "The Braille Forum" page on www.acb.org. If you do not yet have a podcast client, you can download one from the Forum page.
To subscribe to "The Braille Forum" via e-mail, go to www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/brailleforum-L.
ARE YOU MOVING? DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.