The April 1 deadline is rapidly approaching for submission of 2014 DKM First-Timer applications. The DKM program provides the opportunity to participate in the national conference and convention as a guest of ACB and the DKM committee and to be part of a two-decade ACB tradition.
Who is eligible for selection as a DKM First-Timer?
- Age 18 or older;
- Blind or visually impaired;
- Member in good standing of ACB; and
- Never attended an ACB national conference and convention.
What must one do to apply for the DKM First-Timer award?
- Submit letter to DKM committee including a personal narrative of the applicant's background, participation in ACB and the applicant's affiliate, and a statement of the importance of selection to the applicant's affiliate and community.
- Submit letter of recommendation from the president of the applicant's state or special-interest affiliate.
What can I expect if selected as a DKM First-Timer?
- Payment by ACB of reasonable round-trip transportation costs to the national conference and convention;
- Hotel accommodation (double occupancy) for seven nights;
- Per diem allowance for meals and incidentals; and
- Conference registration fees; DKM reception ticket; ACB banquet ticket.
All application materials must be received in the ACB national office not later than April 1. Send them to Francine Patterson, [email protected]. If you have questions, contact Allen Casey, [email protected].