Beloved Best-Selling, Pulitzer Prize-Winning Novel All the Light We Cannot See To Become an Epic Netflix Limited Series
Director Shawn Levy Announces a Worldwide Casting Search Seeking Actresses Who Are Blind or Low Vision for Lead Role of Teenage “Marie-Laure”
Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps Entertainment will produce, with Levy to direct all episodes and series written by Steven Knight
- Anthony Doerr’s Pulitzer Prize-winning bestseller All The Light We Cannot See will become an epic four-part Netflix limited series produced by Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps Entertainment (Stranger Things, Free Guy, Shadow and Bone, Arrival) and written by Steven Knight (Peaky Blinders). Levy is set to direct all episodes.
- All the Light We Cannot See tells the story of Marie-Laure, a teenager who is blind, and Werner, a German soldier, whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II.
- Levy and producers are announcing a worldwide casting search for the lead role of teenage “Marie-Laure.” Actresses who are blind or low vision are especially encouraged to apply. Those interested can apply by emailing [email protected].
- All The Light We Cannot See quickly became a global phenomenon when it was published in 2014 and has received wide critical acclaim as well as a Pulitzer Prize in 2015, and the Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction in 2015. All the Light We Cannot See has spent more than 200 weeks on the New York Times best-seller list, and has sold more than 5.7 million copies in North America across print, e-book and audio formats and another 9.5 million copies worldwide.
- Shawn Levy, Dan Levine and Josh Barry of 21 Laps Entertainment will serve as Executive Producers on the series. 21 Laps is the production company behind PGA Award-winning global phenomenon Stranger Things and Oscar nominated film Arrival, along with the Netflix hit Shadow and Bone, along with the recently released hit movie Free Guy. Knight will also serve as an Executive Producer. Joe Strechay (See, The OA) will serve as Associate Producer, Blindness and Accessibility Consultant.