by Vicky Prahin
The Information Desk will open Thursday, July 4, in the evening this year, and open daily through July 11 at 7:30 a.m. We need volunteers to work every day. Some of the things Info Desk workers do:
- Answer questions face to face or on the phone
- Distribute hotel orientation information, newspapers, proposals, menus, and other materials
- Take orders for newspaper delivery
- Collect door prizes and auction items
- Take reservations for banquet tables
- Itemize items which were lost or found
We provide materials in braille, large print, and as electronic files; people need to bring a thumb drive or SD card to obtain the electronic files.
If you enjoy meeting people, being at the center of things, and can multi-task, consider volunteering to work at the 2019 info desk! Contact me at [email protected] or (614) 949-7757 by June 15. Each person will receive a schedule before the convention. We need a team of willing helpers to make this year’s convention go as smoothly as possible in Rochester, N.Y.!