Vol. LIII March 2015 No. 9
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (231) 460-1061 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (231) 460-1047.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
Table of Contents
- The ACB Braille Forum, March 2015 downloads
- President’s Message: More on Accessible Prescription Labels, by Kim Charlson
- Tax Tips from the IRS, by Melanie Brunson
- ACB’s Stars Will Shine Bright in Dallas, by Janet Dickelman
- Last Call: The DKM Train Is Leaving the Station, by Allen Casey
- Let the Stars Shine Bright on the ACB Brenda Dillon Memorial Walk, by Donna Brown
- Call for Nominees for 2015 ACB Awards!, by Chelle Hart & Chip Hailey
- Board of Publications Again Awards Your Excellence in Media and Writing in 2015
- Come to the Lone Star Loot Auction!
- The Importance of Grassroots, by Kathy Brockman
- Best Audio Holiday Season Ever, by Susan Glass
- A Telecommuting Job Could Be Just What You Are Looking For, by Dr. Ronald E. Milliman
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- ACB Officers and Board
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.
For news you can use, check out the new ACB Radio News and Information Service at acbradio.org.
Check out ACB Radio Mainstream to keep abreast of happenings in the blind community.
© 2015 American Council of the Blind
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 650, Arlington, VA 22201