Vol. LIV November 2015 No. 5
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (605) 475-8154 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (605) 475-8130.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2015 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Interim Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 650, Arlington, VA 22201
Table of Contents
- The ACB Braille Forum, November 2015 downloads
- President’s Report, Part III, by Kim Charlson
- An Update on the Taxi Discrimination Lawsuit, by Eric Bridges
- Reps. Cartwright, McKinley Champion Comprehensive Bipartisan Legislation to Transform Special Education for Students with Sensory Disabilities
- ACB Adopts Cumulative Giving Societies, by Tom Tobin
- Tours and Transit in Minneapolis by Janet Dickelman
- It’s Holiday Auction Time, by Carla Ruschival
- Durward K. McDaniel: A Timeline
- Remembering Durward, by Allen Casey
- The ACB Mini Mall: Holiday Happenings, by Carla Ruschival
- In Memoriam: Charles S.P. Hodge: Mentor, Colleague, Friend, July 30, 1946-June 18, 2015, by John McCann
- 2015 Resolutions Summaries, by Mark Richert
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.
Keep up with the haps when affiliates stream conventions at www.acbradio.org/news.
ACB Radio Mainstream has blindness-related news you can use at www.acbradio.org/mainstream.