Volume LIV May 2016 No. 11
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (605) 475-8154 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (605) 475-8130.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2016 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- The ACB Braille Forum, May 2016 Downloads
- President’s Message: Meet Charles Mossop, by Kim Charlson
- Teach Access Project a Major Topic at CSUN Conference, by Eric Bridges
- Get Ready for Fun in the Land of 10,000 Dreams!, by Janet Dickelman
- Minnesota, Land of Many Cultures, by Peggy R. Garrett
- Dear Candidates: We Want to Meet You!, by Ron Brooks
- 2016 Leadership Institute: Learning and Growing Together, by Cindy Van Winkle
- Mentors Sought for Audio Describers at ACB National Convention, by Susan Glass
- Mini Mall Minnesota Style: Land of 10,000 Dreams, by Carla Ruschival
- A Reminder from the Constitution & Bylaws Committee, by John Huffman
- Yah You Betcha It’s Time to Talk Resolutions Again!, by Mark Richert
- ACB Auction, the Perfect Ten
- Know Your Rights to Health Care, by Karen Hughes and Robert Goodman
- Wake Up and Walk, by Katie Frederick
- Leaders and Aspiring Leaders to Come Together in Omaha, by Ray Campbell
- Summary of the Winter Board Meetings, by Doug Powell
- Affiliate and Committee News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she’ll take care of the changes for you.
All blind musicians, all the time at the ACB Radio Cafe, www.acbradio.org/café.
Want to stream your convention? ACB Radio can help you out; write to firstname.lastname@example.org.