Volume LX January 2022 No. 7
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2021 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: New Year’s Reflections for 2022, by Dan Spoone
- Happy New Year from the Auction Committee
- American Council of the Blind Salutes Audio Description Award Winners
- Come One, Come All to the 2022 D.C. Leadership Conference, by Clark Rachfal
- Announcing ACB’s 2022 Tours, by Janet Dickelman
- Call for Nominees for 2022 ACB Awards, by Carrie Muth and Koni Sims
- The BOP Seeks to Award Excellence, by Katie Frederick
- Reach Higher, Pursue and Succeed: Apply to Become a 2022 Recipient of the Durward K. McDaniel First-Timers Award, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- Not Your Father’s …
- ACB Diabetics in Action
- Blind LGBT Pride International Welcomes You, by Melody E. Holloway
- Braille Is a Vital Link to Literacy
- Where Visually Impaired Artists and Audiences Thrive, by Peter Altschul
- Guide Dog Users, Inc. — We Can Help with That!, by Penny Reeder
- Independent Visually Impaired Entrepreneurs (IVIE)
- Summary of the October 9, 2021 Meeting of the ACB Board of Directors, by Penny Reeder
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.