Volume LXII November 2023 No. 5
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
© 2023 American Council of the Blind
Dan Spoone, Interim Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
225 Reinekers Ln., Suite 660, Alexandria, VA 22314
This issue of “The ACB Braille Forum” Is Dedicated to the Memory of Oral O. Miller
April 7, 1933 — August 6, 2023
Table of Contents
- In Memoriam: Oral O. Miller, April 7, 1933 - August 6, 2023
- Oral O. Miller: Friend … Advocate … Sportsman, by Charles D. “Chuck” Goldman
- Readers’ Memories of Oral O. Miller
- Looking Ahead to Jacksonville, by Janet Dickelman
- Summary of the August ACB Board of Directors Meeting, by Penny Reeder
- Summary of 2023 Resolutions
- Raise Your Awareness — and Tune in for the Annual Audio Description Awards Gala!, by Tabitha Kenlon
- Benefits of Audio Description in Education (BADIE) Essay Contest Winners
- Audio Description on the Hill: Why the CVTA Matters, by Tabitha Kenlon
- Audio Description in the Federal Government, For the People, by Patrick Sheehan
- Audio Description at Every Performance, by Joel Snyder, Ph.D.
- Recap of 2023 Audio Description Project Awards, by Jeff Thom
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- Thanksgiving, by Anthony Corona
- How to Submit Articles to the Forum
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Upcoming Forum Themes and Deadlines
January 2024: braille/reflections on 2023/goal-setting for the new year; deadline: November 20, 2023
February 2024: accessible voting, civil rights and black history; deadline: December 22, 2023
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.