Volume LX August 2021 No. 2
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (518) 906-1820 and choose option 8. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (518) 906-1820.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2021 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Please Be Kind to Each Other, by Dan Spoone
- Get Moving Together, by Donna Brown
- The World Turned Inside Out, by Sandra Sermons
- How Do the Blind Live in Bosnia and Herzegovina?, by Zeljko Bajic
- An Eye on the United States of America, by Gabriel Lopez Kafati
- India: One Country, Many Planets, by Pranav Lal
- Blindness in the United Arab Emirates, by Melissa Sprouse
- Erasmus+: A World of Opportunities, by Larisa Nechita
- Describing Diversity, by Joel Snyder
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- My Furry Lifesaver, by Linda Yacks
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.