Volume LXI February 2023 No. 8
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
© 2023 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Join Us at the Accessible Currency Rally, by Dan Spoone
- ACB’s 2023 Leadership Conference
- Convention Changes, by Janet Dickelman
- Stimulate Your Potential and Personal Greatness: Apply to Become a 2023 ACB/JPMorgan Chase Leadership Fellow, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- The BOP Seeks to Award Excellence, by Katie Frederick
- ACB Diabetics in Action: Legislative Update, by Charles Nabarrete
- Libre Link and Dexcom CGM: An Updated Comparison, by Randy Knapp
- Artificial Sweeteners Could Cause Diabetes, Shocking New Research Says, by Erin Keller
- Recipe Corner, by Sugar Lopez
- Summary of the Fall Board Meeting, by Penny Reeder
- How Special-Interest Affiliates and State Affiliates Working Together Builds Membership, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Upcoming Forum Themes and Deadlines
May 2023: Teachers and Students; deadline: March 24, 2023
June 2023: Convention; deadline: April 24, 2023
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.