Volume LVIII October 2019 No. 4
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (518) 906-1820 and choose option 8. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (518) 906-1820.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2019 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President's Message: Transitions, by Dan Spoone
- Traveling to Schaumburg, by Janet Dickelman
- ACB Holiday Auction Reminder, by Carla Rushival
- Rochester Convention Celebrated Past, Focused on the Future, by Susan Glass, Ron Brooks, Penny Reeder, Paul Edwards, and Deb Cook Lewis
- ACB and OrCam Technologies Announce Cooperative Agreement
- Updates to the ACB Constitution and Bylaws, by John Huffman
- 2019 ACB Membership Seminar Wrap-Up, by Ardis Bazyn
- Summary of 2019 Resolutions
- Accessible Prescription Labels: My Story, by Linda Yacks
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- Announcing the Themes for Upcoming Issues of the Forum, by Susan Glass
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forum
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to [email protected], or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your email address and name where indicated.
Check out the ACB Radio Mainstream to keep abreast of the happenings in the blind community.
ACB Radiobrings old-time radio drama to you 24/7 at www.acbradio.org/trove