Vol. LIII January 2015 No. 7
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (231) 460-1061 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (231) 460-1047.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2014 American Council of the Blind
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 650, Arlington, VA 22201
Table of Contents
- The ACB Braille Forum, January 2015 downloads
- President’s Message: ACB and Braille: An Ongoing Commitment, by Kim Charlson
- Time to Register for Midyear, Legislative Seminar!, by Melanie Brunson
- Touring Texas, by Janet Dickelman
- Celebrate Durward’s Centennial: Be a DKM First-Timer, by Allen Casey
- Announcing the American Council of the Blind Legacy Society
- Accessing the ACB Forum and E-Forum: Let Me Count the Ways, by Judy Wilkinson
- Advocacy, ACB Style, by Mitch Pomerantz
- And the Winner Is …, by Mike Godino
- Summary of the Fall 2014 ACB Board Meeting, by Denise Colley
- Affiliate News
- Letters from Our Readers: Animal Planet, by Penny Reeder
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.
All blind musicians, all the time at the ACB Radio Café, www.acbradio.org/cafe.
ACB Radio Mainstream has blindness-related news you can use at www.acbradio.org/mainstream.