Volume LV July 2016 No. 1
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (605) 475-8154 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (605) 475-8130.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2016 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- JPMorgan Chase/ACB Leadership Fellows, by Kim Charlson
- Further Currency Delays Raise Concerns
- Staying Connected in Minneapolis, by Janet Dickelman
- Does VR Agency Structure Matter?
- Journeying Inside the Mind, by Larry P. Johnson
- Riding with Joy
- Turn Life’s Journey into a Joy Ride, by Larry P. Johnson
- My Journey toward Winning Friends and Influencing Others, by Kelsey Nicolay
- Why I Included ACB in My Estate Plans, by Dan Dillon
- Affiliate News
- Letter to the Editor
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Want to hear the convention general sessions, the Candidates’ Forum, the Showcase, or the banquet as they happen? Go to www.acbradio.org/mainstream.
ACB Radio’s Main Menu is the talk of the town when it comes to technology; check it out at www.acbradio.org.