Volume LXI April 2023 No. 10
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
© 2023 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Thank You, Eric Bridges!, by Dan Spoone
- Convention Snippets, by Janet Dickelman
- 2023 ACB Candidate Process, by Katie Frederick
- Stepping Out with ACB in 2023, by Katie Frederick
- Summary of the January 31, 2023 ACB Board Meeting, by Penny Reeder
- My Vision for Diversity in ACB, by Yasmin Campbell
- Diversity: A Multi-Faceted Concept, by Lynne Koral
- ACB, A More Perfect Union?, by Sandra Sermons
- Vision for Diversity within ACB, by Linda Samulski
- Let ACB Lead the Way, by Mary Haroyan
- Bridges, by Regina Marie Brink
- Diversity in ACB, What It Needs to Look Like, by Ray Campbell
- Working Toward a More Inclusive ACB, by Cheryl Cumings
- In This Community, Thanks and Love Are Enough, by Patty L. Fletcher
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Upcoming Forum Themes and Deadlines
June 2023: Convention; deadline: April 24, 2023
July 2023: theme TBA; deadline: May 26, 2023
August 2023: theme TBA; deadline: June 23, 2023
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.