Volume LIV December 2015 No. 6
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (605) 475-8154 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (605) 475-8130.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2015 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 650, Arlington, VA 22201
Table of Contents
- Humana Now Offers Talking Prescription Labels for Its Members with Visual Impairments, by Kim Charlson
- Linked, Connected and Empowered with ACB Link
- Scholarship Applications for 2016-2017 School Year Are Now Available!
- Willing, Able, and Seeking Opportunity: Video Receives Support from Multinational Corporations, by Eric Bridges
- Happy Holidays from the Convention Committee, by Janet Dickelman
- Bid It! Buy It! Holiday Auction and Mini Mall, by Carla Ruschival
- In Memoriam: “Bob Allen” Prahin, by Vicky Prahin
- In Memoriam: Marcia Nigro Dresser, by Marlaina Lieberg
- Readers’ Memories of Marcia Dresser
- A Letter from the ACB President
- A Great Time in the Lone Star State, by the ACB Auction Committee
- Highlights of the 2015 ACB Membership Seminar, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- And the Winner Is …, by Mike Godino
- Blind Hunting?!, by Tom Lealos
- Affiliate and Committee News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.
Check out ACB Radio Mainstream to keep abreast of happenings in the blind community.
For news you can use, check out the new ACB Radio News and Information Service at acbradio.org.